Wednesday, August 13, 2008

testimony

It finally came! Troy and I had to speak in church last Sunday. It actually went ok. I had to speak on testimonies. Does anybody know the trick to not bawling during a talk? I haven't figured it out yet. I feel a little bit bad for the congregation because I don't think you can really understand me when I'm crying and talking at the same time. Anyway, I was actually thankful to speak. To relay several general authorities talks about testimonies and the importance of gaining a personal testimony. I was thankful to find out that even some of our prophets gained their testimony through small whisperings of the Spirit and not by spectacular means like Joseph Smith. Although I do know that he did see our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in a vision!
I almost had Savanna talked into giving a talk as well, but she chickened out at the last minute. She comes out of primary every week asking me why they won't choose her for a talk or a scripture. So I tried to give her the chance. I guess she just wants to do it in primary. Oh, well. We'll try again some other time!

2 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

Sounds like a great meeting. I wish I could've been there. I'll bet your talk was great!

Palmer Family said...

I'm sooooooooo sorry you had to speak, but it's amazing how much you grow from it, right? I had to speak in two different wards, six weeks apart. My neck gets all red and blotchy. My voice starts to shake and of course the water-works start! I bet you did amazing.